• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee's at 4wheel parts around noon, who?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Well I'm sitting at work right now looking over at a white cherokee with a NW Chapter sticker on it, and a brown one parked next to it. Who's rigs are these?

The white looks like an early Laredo with a dinged rear driver door, also has a red interior cage. What's the info on that cage anyways?

~Scott

P.S. I didn't drive the Jeep today, drove the van with an ACRO sticker and PNWJeep sticker.

Is it a bolt in cage? I know it if it is. Georges son in law

Not sure, I'm just looking through the window but it's very possible. I'm kinda curious as to the details on it.

I'm looking into a partial cage (just a roll bar and some braces or something).

~Scott

I think he paid like 1100. I would just get the real deal

oh damn that's as much as a real cage just about.

My deal is I don't want to drop a bunch of coin in a rig that won't last that long without major work (engine, tranny, t-case all need overhalls in the next year) so I was hoping for a roll bar and some supports.

~Scott

so... save the money on a cage and replace the motor? (imo) a jeep is not junk untill the body is destroyed..

So your saying he should build an exo to protect the body? :D

so... save the money on a cage and replace the motor? (imo) a jeep is not junk untill the body is destroyed..

Or not.
I could just wheel my rig until it's "done", buy a newer rig, swap all my junk, then think about a cage.

Unless of course I get the tools/time/money for a stroker or full rebuild.

~Scott

It was his son inlaw and it is a bolt in but with a bolt in you can swap it out to your next rig. Also my rig is beat but is protected in the right places and will do a few more years so a real cage is needed. Engine, tranny swaps are easy. You should think about safty first

It was his son inlaw and it is a bolt in but with a bolt in you can swap it out to your next rig. Also my rig is beat but is protected in the right places and will do a few more years so a real cage is needed. Engine, tranny swaps are easy. You should think about safty first

Safety can also mean reliability. ;) Look at those who haven't had 'cages' for years and years... Besides, a cage in a vehicle is POINTLESS if your seats aren't tied into it.

Safety can also mean reliability. ;) Look at those who haven't had 'cages' for years and years... Besides, a cage in a vehicle is POINTLESS if your seats aren't tied into it.

Vary true

But hey, if peace of mind makes ya a more cautious driver, so be it. :) I can totally understand why some people want them. ;) After watching Kelly and Diana almost roll that Jeep, I feel their reasoning for putting that cage in! That was creepy to see them on the hill climb right in front of me and them get sideways with NOTHING to stop them...

But hey, if peace of mind makes ya a more cautious driver, so be it. :) I can totally understand why some people want them. ;) After watching Kelly and Diana almost roll that Jeep, I feel their reasoning for putting that cage in! That was creepy to see them on the hill climb right in front of me and them get sideways with NOTHING to stop them...
Yep I remember that day:roll:

Back