• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 service manual

Chrisc321

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get the 1990 Jeep Chassis/engine/body and electrical manuals? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Nothing in particular right now. I need one for future use. I am an aircraft mechanic and need to have a manual so things are done correctly!

Nothing in particular right now. I need one for future use. I am an aircraft mechanic and need to have a manual so things are done correctly!

A&P? GA, .mil, or comm'l?

I can understand why you want the manual then - have you checked eBay? That's where I've been scoring them from time to time, and usually for about half of the $100 asking (for those that are still in print.) There are also some outfits out there that do reprints of FSMs - fully authorised - that you might want to try (none come to mind offhand, but I know there are a couple with storefronts on eBay as well.)

You should be able to use a 1989 or 1990 directly (they're the same manual, pretty much,) and you can use a 1987 or 1988 with a little adaptation (they're mechanically the same, but some wiring colours changed in mid-1988 as ChryCo took over.)

Thanks for the info. I work for a part 135 fractional outfit. We have Hawker 800s, gulfstreams, and Citation X aircraft.

Also please note that we can't tell you where to download them on the internet due to copyright and legal issues. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59881. You can find them on eBay. Haynes or Chiltons aren't too bad if you just need torque specs. The old Renix era factory manuals are pretty thin but definitely better than the Chiltons.

If all you want a torque specs, you don't even need to buy a manual - I list them from FSMs I've accumulated on my website.

And I wouldn't call the RENIX-era FSMs "thin" - they are broken up into separate books (one for mechanical, one for electrical, and assorted updates,) and they make a thick stack on the shelf. The AMC-era manuals are even heavier - they're loose-leaf, and about 4-5" thick.

A Chilton's isn't too bad for a "basic" manual, Haynes I use to even up the odd leg on my workbench. A Chilton's is generally worth the not-quite $20 you spend on it, and it will carry you until you get your grubby little mitts on an FSM.

And I wouldn't call the RENIX-era FSMs "thin" - they are broken up into separate books (one for mechanical, one for electrical, and assorted updates,) and they make a thick stack on the shelf. The AMC-era manuals are even heavier - they're loose-leaf, and about 4-5" thick.

I guess thin wasn't the right word. The later Chrysler published FSMs seem to have much more detail and walk you through some standard procedures a bit better than the old manuals.

Back