• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Cat...Flow or Mag???

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Flowmaster or Magnaflow? Or does it matter. found both on Ebay and I know I am gonna have to weld the O2 bung in so no big deal. Has anybody used either and does it really matter, the price is about the same, but the case profiles are different, being the flowmaster has a much rounder profile compared to the Mag which is more oval shaped.

i just put on a 2.5 magnaflow to replace my old random tech... 53 dollars shipped to my door i am skeptical though as far as how much platnium is in the cat and how long it will last... anyways it sounds great with the flowmaster 40 muffler and it pretty compact and free flowing... cant beat the price

aparke4 said:
i just put on a 2.5 magnaflow to replace my old random tech... 53 dollars shipped to my door i am skeptical though as far as how much platnium is in the cat and how long it will last... anyways it sounds great with the flowmaster 40 muffler and it pretty compact and free flowing... cant beat the price

Yeah not really worried about the price, both are around ~$50 give or take a few bucks with shipping and a O2 bung. I have a Super 40 and 2.5 rusty's tail pipe and truely not worrie about the sound, more the flow. I am mainly just asking about experiance with either. But thanks for the info, they both look pretty small

Cut the cat off!

1985xjlaredo said:
Cut the cat off!

yeah thats all fine and good but having OBDII doesn't let me do that.

andrew2516 said:
Turn up this vid...this is a flowmaster 40

Nice, but throw a Super 40 on it and let the deep tone hit yeah.

cant go wrong with either flowmaster or magnaflow. For a wheeler i would get a flowmaster cause they are so much stouter.

By the way the flowmaster tech guys recomend a 50 series for my 4.0 ... not sure the 40 series is the best application for the 4.0. If the regular flowmaster is to harsh for ya maybe get the delta flow 50 series with more noise cancelation properties. Either way flowmasters flow great their aint shit in their but a few pieces of angled steel, no matting no hole cut pipe, no fiberglass. I love my 50 series flowmaster !!! :yelclap:

Back