• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Problem need help

Cheap_Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 xj with a 4"+/- lift Anyways I put a pair of (rancho 3" coils) i got on craigslist, and Fabed up a pair of lower control arms from the measurements I got online from people with them.I used the factory housing for the bushings and welded them to some 1 1/2" tube (Before you "hound me" it was for the summer till i get back to my Shop...The wobbles soo bad it broke them:badpc: ) Im currently in the process of fixing the "Death Wobble" so I buying Ranchos Lower arms "that are fixed" will this keep me ever fixing the alignment problem. Does Any one have this set up and how is it aligned, and does it really need adjustable ones? is what im asking. And would I be Ok?:dunno:

I had that Rancho setup years ago. The arms were about the same length as the stock lowers, but made out of rectangular tubing. The problem with the rancho arms is that they would hit the bottom of the shock mount during droop. I had to grind away the lower lip of the pad to get the extra clearance when I added the coil spacer for more lift. Unless they changed the design I wouldn't spend the money on the rancho ones. Get some adjustable ones or drop brackets and get the adjustable track bar too. I never had any alignment problems that involved death wobble, even with the steep angle of the lower arms.

Well there ordered... They should do then. I lengthen my Stock track bar and seems fine the only thing left is a slighty bent hub?... By the way after all this I wanna get +/- 1" in the rear to bring it level with the front end Should I by Shackles or blocks. I don't 4Wheel too hard just trails to my Deer Camp and fishing Spots maybe a medium Obstacle here and there.

Well there ordered... They should do then. I lengthen my Stock track bar and seems fine the only thing left is a slighty bent hub?... By the way after all this I wanna get +/- 1" in the rear to bring it level with the front end Should I by Shackles or blocks. I don't 4Wheel too hard just trails to my Deer Camp and fishing Spots maybe a medium Obstacle here and there.
Use shackles, blocks will cause spring wrap.

Back