• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great radiator/Also VERY odd AC question

ChesterSPL

NAXJA Forum User
I had the high pressure line on my AC blow a hole so I had to get a new one and change everything out. In this process I found my radiator was leaking, and looked like crap. I know this might be against some of you guys/gals advice but went to advance auto and ordered there "heat buster" radiator for my 89 XJ.

That thing works great. It's 95f here and 90* humidity and this thing holds the temp gauge dead on for hours in traffic with the factory closed system. I just want to let the folks on here know that if you use it as a DD and weekend warrior as I do this is a great radiator.

Back to my problem. I replaced that hose and now after finally, a week later, getting my AC vac'ed and charged by a real AC guy (good friend), the AC worked like a new car. I get in it today, 2 days later and the hose has blow another hole.

It is the high side line, and I am clueless as to why and everyone i talk to has no idea. I was thinking it was building some resistance and building to much pressure but if that was the case it would be the condenser in front and then the ac wouldn't work worth a crap.

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS!! These hose's are very expensive and I am not going to change it again with the same result. Thanks in advance for any help.

Is it running R-12 or R-134a? Did they change the dryer?

The dryer or the expansion valve may be clogged. If you upgraded to R-134a, they should have installed a high pressure cur out switch in the system.

Thanks for the response

It is r134 and yes the dryer was changed, that was a part that i messed up getting one of the hose off. I have never heard about anyone on here putting in a high pressure cut out switch. Where do I acquire this (place and part number if possible), where does it go and how do I hook it up. Thanks. Seems pretty basic but some more info would be nice.

A high pressure cutoff switch is a required part of the conversion. You can get them just about anyplace using a later year.

You said you replaced the dryer...What about the expansion valve? Isn't that in the high PSI line?

ok, thanks for all the info. So from what I am understanding is I can go to advance auto and say "I would like a high pressure switch for a "2000" xj" and retro fit this part in? Honestly out of all of the post here I have read I never read anything about making sure you put in a high pressure switch on a renix ac system, but thanks a million none the less. I think I read this to much late at night and miss alot of things.

Back