• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U bolts for C 8.25 axle

SDHREDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting in a lift this weekend and need the stock u bolt specs for a chrysler 8.25. Everyplace i've checked needs me to have a u bolt but that's a little hard since i'm doing it sunday and it's my DD.

thanks

I had to order the stock u-bolts from the dealership because no hardware store had the right size never mind a high enough grade. I think it was 4 inch diameter inside the u-bolts maybe 4 1/4. you are probably going to have to do what I did and just grind/cut them off. They didn't want to budge for me even after almost a week of PB blaster. They were $16 from the dealership, which i hear isn't that bad.

The place that does our U bolts at work just needs the diameter of the U bolt, inside measurement, square or round bend, and the length and they can bend us some and have they ready to pick up. Not sure if this helps but there may be a drive train shop or something that may be able to get you the same thing. Also a 4x4 shop may more then likely stock them we almost always have a set of U bolts on hand for most all major Jeeps and trucks. Good luck

I was pretty sure the 8.25 tube was 3" diameter...

IDK but if you have a lift and off-road get 1/2" minimum,9/16" is even better!

For future reference (or if you haven't bought them already) - OEM bolts for C8.25 are part numbers 5200 4010 (bolts, need 4, $4.40 each) and 1150 2813 (nuts, need 8, $2.08 each) from stores.zmjeeps.com. I haven't ordered from them yet but plan to next month when I replace my rear springs, I'll have to see how it goes.

Note: hopefully this doesn't break the promoting/advertising rules, I am not associated with z&m jeeps I just found them as the cheapest price while searching google for the MOPAR part numbers.

i found the parts number and whatnot even called a dealership and they can't even get the dimensions. with some help from friends we have come to the conclusion they are 1/2 x 3 x 9

Interesting. I just pulled my old ubolts out of the box and measured. ~7/16" by 3 1/16" (measured where it sat against the tube) by 6 3/8".

Dony even bother with the dealer,just go get some good ones made!

Interesting. I just pulled my old ubolts out of the box and measured. ~7/16" by 3 1/16" (measured where it sat against the tube) by 6 3/8".

dude you are the man that's exactly what i've been looking for.

it appears all the aftermarket ones are 1/2 inch so I just go up to that since it will be stronger and go longer for when i go for more lift (bigger leaf springs)

Back