• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New shocks for 2 inch lift?

DoctorPhate

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of picking this up. But I'm not sure if I should get new shocks or not. I don't think I'll be doing any more then very light wheeling this year and next year I'm going to get a proper lift. I want a cheap budget lift right now because I'm sagging a bit and with my 235/75R15s I tend to rub while wheeling.

As I said, its very very light wheeling and I might only go another 2 or 3 times this year but I want it more for the snow in the winter.

You can get by with the stock shocks, for a while. You will eventually blow them out offroad. If they last till you get the new kit great. Otherwise @ $25 each, replace them when they die.

I've had the stock shocks on my BB for about a year now, and I can definitely say they are finally toast. I have always liked Doetsch Tech shocks, but they seem to run a little stiff. Just pump out another $100 for 4 new Monroes, and you should be fine for quite a while.

yeah Ill just run the BB with stock shocks for now and in the spring ill get a kit with shocks.

Its already sagged and I dont articulate enough offroad to blow them out i think

Should I extend my brake lines? I don't think i'll get much more then 3/4 of an inch over stock lift but just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea

I did, just for peace of mind. Even though I only have a 2" BB, the rear springs LOVE to droop. Much more so than the front when I'm flexing. I put in a '98 Dodge Ram one, and it's worked like a champ. Got it from the yard so it was only like $5.

problem is.. if you notice on there the cost goes from 170$ to 370$ if you include shocks.

At that cost I'd be better off going with this I think. 370$ too but it comes with shocks, new front springs and AAL rear which i can replace next year with full springs.

This is what I'd pick up next year if I went with that option.

The Rubicon shocks are a good idea but being that its my DD and the garage I use to work on it is over 100km away.. it kinda has to be a couple hour job on a saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of picking this up. But I'm not sure if I should get new shocks or not. I don't think I'll be doing any more then very light wheeling this year and next year I'm going to get a proper lift. I want a cheap budget lift right now because I'm sagging a bit and with my 235/75R15s I tend to rub while wheeling.

As I said, its very very light wheeling and I might only go another 2 or 3 times this year but I want it more for the snow in the winter.

hey man, you still in Brockvegas?
any chance you can make it out to Coville's or one of the local wreckers?

you could probably score some ZJ front coils and an extra isolater for cheap$
grab a lift shackle or score a set of leafs at the wreckers and you'd be set for about 1"-2" of lift.

grab a set of Monroe's next time they are on sale, or if you get the discount from work, whichever

I'm actually down next weekend, but sadly the wife won't roll in the Jeep, so I'll be in the VW. I could swing by and lend a hand for an hour or so if need be.

If not, call northridge, they are pretty helpful and maybe able to put together a 2" lift without shocks for cheap for ya.

I'm in Ottawa now. If you're in the Ottawa area I would love a garage for the afternoon lol. I live in an Apartment here so in order to work I'd have to drive back to brockville.

Back