• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread project mall crawler

Wildman89

NAXJA Forum User
ok heres a few pix of my new custom roll cage for my xj a few of you have asked about. if you like it ask me about it.
P8030012Medium.jpg

P8030014Medium.jpg

P8030016Medium.jpg

P8030027Medium.jpg

P8030020Medium.jpg

P8030013Medium.jpg

Last edited:
its all the BLING i could afford....lol see what happens when you sink tons of $$$ into it, the whole thing turns green.... the jeep had a BIG green monster energy sticker in the back window when i bought it..so i decided to keep it goin'

:greensmokhey guys thanks for the complements on the cage. just doing what i can to get it trail worthy

Last edited:
yup...bars behind front seats and rear seat

SANTA where does the trianglation needed to be added? yes its a rattle can paint job (about 3hrs of masking and less then 1hr painting) primed first and then painted. its all welded to plates on the floor. this guy has been building my cages for years, however this is my first heep. (built my 1/2 mile dirt oval cars in the past.) thanks again guys. i'm open to any suggestions on the cage (and entire heep in general) so please let me know what ya think. the jeep will look much better in a week or so once i get my LA lift kit on it hehehe. very interested in your input santa and looking forward to meeting you some day.

thanks to all that have replied. gonna add some more to the cage.

I was thinking the same as Santa. Without bracing, gussets or triangulation for strength, the cage might fold like a cereal box in a bad rollover. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing, but not by much.

i'm open to any suggestions on the cage (and entire heep in general) so please let me know what ya think.

Ok...A Q? and then an observation. I see the height of the bar for the rear seat, is the front the same height? So with that bar placement I am going to assume your going to use 4 or 5 point harnesses?

Now my observation. If you mount your harnesses to that bar, unless they are really small people, the shoulder strap will mount too low and torn rotator cuff's are a possibility. I only know this from a crash where the cage had the same problem. The harness should mount above the shoulder. IMHO

again...i apprieciate the comments, however this is not a go fast cage,its gonna be a trail jeep. i know you can still have really bad wrecks on the trails but not usually as bad as go fast. i know there are some mods to be made but its a great start in my opinion. santa once told me (yesterday lol) add some triangulation and the rest looks great. I'M TAKING HIS ADVICE
Thanks Santa, and thanks to all who have replied :greensmok

Back