• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front LED Q's

Gooch1892

NAXJA Forum User
So I replaced my running lamps and turn signals with some leds and now I have the usual assortment of issues. Headlamps work fine at all times, interior lights work fine as well, turn signals work fine, and all rear lights function properly. However, my running lights are acting up. They do not stay lit up when the headlights are on or when the switch is pulled to the one position, they only light up when I flip the turn signal lever, and they flash really fast. I searched around and came up with either needing a no-load flasher or adding a resistor in line with my leds...but nobody seemed to have the same problem that I am having, any help?

Thanks in advance.

LED's are polarized, meaning they only work when + is + and - is -. Not like regular incandescents that can be swapped around. They are also super low wattage so it does some funky things to your lights. I would say try a new flasher and see what it does. DON'T add inline resistors. All that does is create heat, and a new place for corrosion to start. I'll search around and try to get the universal part number for the flasher.

Back