• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Brawlers midnight JV run, Sat 8th.

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Any one heading out for the Annual Rock Brawlers Midnight Run at JV this weekend?

They are doing trails for all levels, from what i understand. So far it sounds like 35-40 rigs are rollin up.

Should be a fun night wheeling under a full moon.
:D

Hmmm.........forgot about this. But, I'm leaving Wed for a week's trip to Rubicon, Barrett, and Fordyce, so I better not risk it. Weather should be good this weekend, not so hot.

Have fun up there Richard. :D
How are the water levels on Fordyce right now?

Im looking forward to my Rubicon trip mid-september.

Water levels are high, which is why we're doing the 'Con on the weekend instead of Fordyce. I'm looking forward to it, we haven't been on Rubicon for a few years.

So I had a pretty fun night out in JV. Kyung joined me in the buggy, and it was super cool to have him come along as it had been over a year since his last trip there.
We rolled up to the lake bed about 830pm to find about 50-60 rigs. Awesome turnout!!
We headed out to Chocolate Thunder to start the night with about 10 rigs. All were pretty built, mostly yotas.

After that we joined back up at the lake bed with alot of others, and then headed over to Backdoor for some entertainment.
First guy attempting broke a rear drive shaft with a good bounce. The next guy, on rockwells and 47's put on a show and got up after 1/2 a dozen or so tries. I was next, tried crawling a couple times but realized it was never going to happen, so i opted for a heathly dose of skinny pedal to put me up on the second try. Pretty damn fun!! :D
Something in the rear of my tranny didnt like it though and i was leaking alot of fluid after that. That basically ended our night.

We spent about the next hour or so watching about 6-7 other rigs beat the shit out of themselves, attempting to climb it, with only one other succeding.

Overall it was a fun time with a great attendence. Props to the Rock Brawlers for putting on a fun night!

Here is a little clip of me on Backdoor that Kyung took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlPINORp-j4

Awesome climb, who was screaming like a girl?

Sweet

Sounds like Kyung who took the video but I'd be screaming like that too if my rig made it. Not gonna happen on 33s or 35s.

Yep, that was Kyung. He was excitied for me. :D

It was way tougher then last time i did it, seemed really really slick. Last time i almost crawled it, but this time it was full throttle only.
We watched a couple guys on 35's or maybe they were 37's try, but know one had any luck that night.
Also they were Yota powered which work great for crawling, but when you need alot of wheel speed in a higher gear to climb they just dont have the power.

Word on the street is that Kyung was so excited for me....... that one tons are now in his future!

:D

Back