• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crashed the CO fest 2009 pardy

Canyonman

NAXJA Forum User
Well Colorado is as nice as we thought it might be and more.Clean bathrooms,No Graffiti,Rain showers from 2-8pm.Green green green.A little snow still around.Better on road drivers,Friendly people.
Durango to Silverton train ride was great!
Engineer Pass 12800ft -Easy,super nice views.
Hancock Pass-Moderate trail,Railroad roadbed,History.Alpine tunnel
Wheeler Lake-boulder fields,very nice high mountain lake.
Chinaman Gulch,Difficult,One of the funnest(non-stop obsticles) trails I've done but only a short loop.
Carnage Cyn.-Extream trail,Like little sluce on the Rubicon,We watched as part of Chinaman trail.Body dam. and one lay over.

Thanks to all the CO Naxja group for a great time.:D
Chalk Creek RV park was super nice and the folks running it are from Simi Valley,CA
Thanks Steave and to all, for the engine diagnoses,I picked up a 3-coil 6-plug strip and new plugs in Grand Junction from the Jeep dealer/Auto zone $231.00/$21.00 and that fixed the intermittent lack of power.Of course Mopar put the plug-in at the very back of the engine.
Vegas was CRAZY:moon:,Spring break!O-show was amazing.
Thanks to the guys at Tomken for the exchange.They welded on some control arm skids for me and were very friendly.

Tom, I've got that Calender(Nov 2009) of you(chrome rims/hi-lift on roof) on Moab Rim,It say's your highly mod. rig but has no personal info.Send me a pm and I'll send it to you if you want.
Thanks Greg & Imelda.

More pics here. http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/canyonmans/
EngineerPass1.jpg

WheelerLake3.jpg

DurangoSilvertonRR.jpg

Coloradotrip305.jpg

CarnageCanyon3.jpg

I cannot help but notice many worthy desktop backgrounds. The best of both worlds: Jeep off-roading and a picturesque state of CO.

Every summer I want to go back to CO, but it just hasn't happenend. I've done all the hard core trails, but really want to do more of the scenic trails around Ouray and Silverton. One of these days I have to make it to CO Fest.

Glad you got to go and have a great time.

That rollover pic looks like the climb at the top of Carnage. Cracker knows about laying it over in that spot. :)

Hey that lake looks like Ann's Lake near Platoro Res... ? If so I back packed up in there a few years back :).

Back