• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cool shift knobs

keep0njeepin0n

NAXJA Forum User
So, when I first got my XJ in 2005, I got an authentic (real, genuine) 8 ball billiard ball shift knob...while it feels good and looks cool, it's pretty much the most common shift knob you see. So, while searching around on the internet, I found these guys that make some cool knobs, they have bugs, spiders, shrunken heads, snake heads, and a lot of other cool stuff. I ordered this one.....

http://www.wiseguycustoms.com/catalog/i8.html

All of the stuff is REAL, they even have like some skeleton knobs too. I got the turtle and it's a real (obviously dead) red eared slider turtle. Maybe some of you might think it's nasty or whatever, but to each his own, and I thought that this was worth mentioning because they do have a lot of cool and unique shift knobs!!!

budlightshifter.jpg

I like this one. Lol

Those are cool, tho I think it would become creepy. When I feel like getting rid of my 8ball, it will probably be with the 3ball that I already have drilled for it :) I made one out of wood once, which looked cool, but could have been made to feel better - though feel is only important when I'm wheeling, since that's usually the only time I force it to not behave like an automatic :) :)

A k-bar I had on my M38A1

KBAR.jpg

I found an old 80's green glitter knob on the side of the road....
And a pineapple grenade for my t/c shifter mod.
IM000742-1.jpg

I made one out of the piston head from an old 2-stroke engine.
I can upload a pic if you guys wanna see it.
But I think that tap shifter wins this one.

I made one out of the piston head from an old 2-stroke engine.
I can upload a pic if you guys wanna see it.
But I think that tap shifter wins this one.

I think ive seen that before but I forgot how exactly you did it. Pics please haha

that shunkin head would be bad ass in a Rat Rod

kinda wish i had a stick shift now

I used an old Jacobs drill chuck. For the TC I have a 2 ball, when I put in a doubler I'll leave the 2 ball on the front TC (doubler) and put a 4 ball on the rear TC.

100_1669.JPG

Back