• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SOCAL hunters in the house?

Bowhunting Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
:wave:I'm guessing im the minority, but I wanted to see if there are more of us. Anyway, I'll be hunting this year and wanted to see if there are any other guys in this forum that Mule Deer hunt, or do any sort of wild boar hunting.

I'll probaby do some bowhunting on Mt. Laguna, and possibly go up north for boar this season.

No bow for me. Sounds like lots of walking. I'm gonna sneak up on a deer and shoot it from five or six hundred yards away, then drive over and throw it in the MJ.

I know, I'm lazy.

:wave:I'm guessing im the minority, but I wanted to see if there are more of us. Anyway, I'll be hunting this year and wanted to see if there are any other guys in this forum that Mule Deer hunt, or do any sort of wild boar hunting.

I'll probaby do some bowhunting on Mt. Laguna, and possibly go up north for boar this season.

I used to hunt all the time growing up in Michigan, White tail, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant. Since I have been out here, I have not been hunting. I REALLY, REALLY miss it. I have been doing some research on possibly doing a hunt this year. At least I know what zone I am in, when the season starts and ends and where I can have my deer processed. As far as where to hunt and actually be successful... :dunno: I sold my bow about 5 years ago. All I have now is a 12 guage and a Ruger 10-22. I know I will need to get a rifle for this area, but in MI we could only use shotguns, at least the part of the state the family farm is on anyway.

Iv'e hunted zone D14 every year since 86. also hunted A zone a lot near clear creek until they closed it due to asbestos in air from the old mines. laguna mountain up los gatos road outside of colinga ? if so tht's up the road from clear creek. i quit bowhunting 15 years ago.but still rifle hunt.

This will be an interesting hunting year for me. I moved here from Indiana, where there were an abundance of whitetail, turkey, pheasant, duck, goose, squirrel (bigger than small dogs), and tons of fishing. Whitetail hunting was my main thing.

Hunting here is going to be a huge challenge, and I know i'll have to change up a lot of things...but I have high hopes. I would love to chat one on one with a couple of folks that know this area and could give me some good info to go on.

I'm pretty athletic and am not afraid of hiking in and packing out. I can hang with most anyone when it comes to that sort of thing. I would also love to try rifle hunting for the first time in my life. I have a friend who is willing to let me use his M1A (a rifle i'm very familiar with from my USN days).

I need to find out where to get stuff checked in, and processed, how to get a license here ( hear there is some BS safety course I have to take ).
Last year, I had to skip hunting altogether because of many different things happening at once. Don't think I can make another year without going, I might go crazy.

Anyhow, it's nice to know there are some of us around here that can also share another a common interest and love of the outdoors.

This will be an interesting hunting year for me. I moved here from Indiana, where there were an abundance of whitetail, turkey, pheasant, duck, goose, squirrel (bigger than small dogs), and tons of fishing. Whitetail hunting was my main thing.

Hunting here is going to be a huge challenge, and I know i'll have to change up a lot of things...but I have high hopes. I would love to chat one on one with a couple of folks that know this area and could give me some good info to go on.

I'm pretty athletic and am not afraid of hiking in and packing out. I can hang with most anyone when it comes to that sort of thing. I would also love to try rifle hunting for the first time in my life. I have a friend who is willing to let me use his M1A (a rifle i'm very familiar with from my USN days).

I need to find out where to get stuff checked in, and processed, how to get a license here ( hear there is some BS safety course I have to take ).
Last year, I had to skip hunting altogether because of many different things happening at once. Don't think I can make another year without going, I might go crazy.

Anyhow, it's nice to know there are some of us around here that can also share another a common interest and love of the outdoors.
I f your going to hunt this year you need to get started.don't know what area you want to hunt but D 14 opens second week of october. if you have a hunters safety card from another state or a hunting license from that state no course is required. obtain license and tags at any sporting goods store and mail them in.. PM me with any question you may have!

I hunt D11, got a nice lil 3 pointer last year. That is the reason I built my jeep! Then got hooked on offroading. Last year was hunting all morning hiking out to some spots and nothing all morning, Driving down a tuff trail a nice lil buck runs right out in front, followed him a lil ways out and it was over with my 30-06. I also bow hunt, Its getting close to bowhunt season for me. I also do the birds every now and then. And the mule deer I got tasted great, his diet where I shot him was alf alpha. (spelled wrong!) I butchered him myself, but there is a nice place called harmony farms in La Cressenta I think

I am from kansas originally. Used to deer, turkey, duck, bird hunt, etc there).

I hunted here a couple years back for the first and last time with a rifle.. there are too many people running around here for me and what I was used too.

I have a bow and used to bow hunt but havent known anyone to go hunting with and or areas, etc. I would like to find a good place with no wind up here in high desert to shoot my bow again though.

i got my licends when i was 7 been hunting ever sence =] im a big wing shooter but ive seen a few forked tine mulies in my zone D-19 and found a few new waterin holes so i cant resist giting a tag this year now that i have my xj to get me around

there are a ton of wild turkey between lake silverwood & arrowhead - the deer out here are small, but pretty smart - try 3n16

Back