• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 vs. 35's

Jeemy B.

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking on running 33's on a RC 4.5 with rear springs but if I am going to have to trim anyways how bad would it be to put 35's on? Thanks in advance.

what are you looking to use it for?
axle gearing... stock? 33's will suck 35's will suck much more.
do want bigger tires for mud, or ability to stuff/droop for rocks?
any other info you can give will make it easier for people to give you relevant information.

The 2 tires that I am trying to decide are the BFG AT's and the Eldorado Trailcutters M\T..Any thoughts I think I am going to stick to the 33's for now looks like.

I have an RC4.5 lift with full packs in the back running 33/12.5's and it is a nice fit, I'd probably have to do alot more to get 35's under there. I cut/folded the rear flares and trimmed the front out using the outer line of the stock flares (traced with a sharpie before taking them off)
I had BFG/AT's on it before HATED THEM

if you can make your axles handle it 35's fit very nicely under 4.5" of lift

i have 4.5" and 35x12.5's with 4.56 gears. its alright. could use a little more power but its still got enough. i clear the tires no problem but have to be careful not to rub when hitting extreme angles offroad. kinda thinking about going back to 33's.

I have dana in the front chrysler in the rear I also got the Dick Cepek DC1 wheels 15x10 stock gearing also..Mitsumotors do you have a picture of your rig?

i have 4.5" and 35x12.5's with 4.56 gears. its alright. could use a little more power but its still got enough. i clear the tires no problem but have to be careful not to rub when hitting extreme angles offroad. kinda thinking about going back to 33's.

trim more or bumpstop

I've been debating this for quite a while now. I already have 4.56's and 32's and want to go up in tire size. 35's would be awesome for the ground clearance and ability to crawl over a lot more stuff, but I don't know if it's worth it to rub all the time and possibly break stuff a lot more often. I drive my Jeep back and forth to trails so I really can't afford to be breaking axles and such. The price of upgraded D30 axles has stopped me from going to 35's so far.

Keep in mind 35's only give you around an inch of extra ground clearance compared to 33's...

I went from 32's and stock gearing whoch sucked when going up steep hills to 35's and 4:88's and boy do i love my setup. even with 35's the gears give me a nice pep all across the board.

I have 35s with 4.56s and i think it's the same as stock. No complaints, i love it. I have rustys flares which i think are much better than bushwhackers which i hate personaly. 35s stuff nice, had to trim some off rustys flares up front, no biggie, and i'm going to move my rear axle forward an inch even though it doesnt rub too bad. Just make sure to hammer over your pinch seam up front. Oh, i'm on a little less than 6 in of lift.. Had 4.5 then got RE boomarang shacles which bumped me up a bit.

Back