• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers not working

yj_evolution

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody, i have a '94 XJ and the wipers quit working. there's a little silver box i thought might be the circuit breaker at the bottom of the fuse panel, and i took the cover off and it looked fine but i tested it anyways and it was fine. i recently put a new column in and thought it may be the switch in the column, but i plugged my old column in and the wipers still didn't work. i took the intermittent box out and it had a small burned spot in it, so i replaced it but they still don't work. i bypassed the box and that didn't work either. any ideas? are there any other fuses/relays somewhere, or is the one i checked even the right one? one of the wires coming into the intermittent box showed 0.15V, and the others showed nothing. they used to work fine, then i turned them on one day and they only moved about halfway across the windshield, then later they moved a little farther but never moved again. sorry about the long post, but thanks in advance for any help.
Clay

Obviously you need 12 V coming into the intermittant module. Jump the wiper motor straight up and make sure it works. But you have a problem before juice gets to the intermittant box. Do you have a wiring diagram yet?

yea i would go with winterbeater you definitely need 12v going into the Int. Module
and if you go through the testing the wires and the motor doesnt work it would all be for nothing so test the motor
use some alligator clips it makes testing things easier
if the motor moves then its good to go
and your loosing power some where in the wiring
get a diagram it makes it faster so you know what wires to test for power and what not
search the forum i just went through the same thing skipping things makes more work

no, i don't have a diagram yet. anybody know where to get one online? i did find a fsm online but haven't looked yet to see if there's a diagram on there, college finals are this week so i don't have much time for jeeps right now. thanks for the help.

Back