• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CHEROKEE ROOF RACKS

if you want to make your own just design it yourself, that way it is how you want it. But to get some ideas look in the picture threads and see what other people have done. Or you could just copy one of the main stream aftermarket built designs..

IMG_1901.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1900.jpg
[/IMG]
here is my roof rack that my buddy made for me!
i just equipted it with all the accessories. new pics will come soon.

I made my own with a couple of angle iron bed frames that I bought at public auction for 50 cents , some bolts, a couple of pieces of scrap wood, and paint remnants from my garage. Total cost less than 10 bucks.

I haul everything up there. My canoe, camping equipment, I have had an entire bale of house insulation up there. Even 12 bales of straw.

I mounted mine to the rain gutter. attached it in 6 places. each end and in the middle.
Mine easy handles over 400 pounds.

I made my own rack. I bought my mounts for the gutter rails for about $35 from JCWhitney. This was about two years ago and the brand name was surco. I Couldn't make my own mounts for that much if I figured in the labor. They clamp to the rain gutter and go up about 5 inches and then horizontal for about 4 inches with slotted holes for bolting up whatever.

Back