• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front sway bar end links lower bolts pressed in place?

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I am about 30% of the way done with my new RE 4.5" lift on my 99 2D cherokee sport but I had a problem earlier on which I have yet to take care of. I got the sway bar end links off but the bolt which holds the bottom of the end links to the axle will not come off. It has torx threads which would point to it being threaded but I have a feeling it might be factory pressed in place.

Anyone have any tips on getting this bolt out? Is there a trick im missing?

They are in fact pressed into the mount. Cut off most of the stud and use a tie rod end puller on the remains.

IDK what you are running for links but I've changed my stockers out several times without removing the pressed-in torx studs. I think some quick release links will need to have the studs removed - but its no problem if you are sticking with the stock junk.

My '99 was indeed pressed in, but I have removed bolts from a pre-96 front axle and the end link bolts were threaded and the screwed right out. The bolt head appeared identical to the pressed in type as well. Blew me away when I removed them.

Back