• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what made you decide 35's to 37's?

wild1joker

NAXJA Forum User
I want to go to 37's -because for the wheeling that i do -the only times ive gotten stuck are in deep ruts left by bigger tires. daily driver(currently 4.56's and 35's-5 sp 93 4.0) I am happy with the power and mileage but- if i go to 37's i realize axle swaps are neccessary. would you go bigger and if so what year and model should i look for to get the axles from? please -suggestions are welcome. thank you .

Last edited:
i am on 37 with dana 30 - aussie locker - chro mo shafts and yukon super joints @ 4.56 with a 44 rear - superior 30 spline shatfs - detroit and 4.56 gears with good results - also have WJ knuckles and hydro assist - all in all could have gone full width but i have built up slowly to 37's - my gears are slow on road but ok off road - 4.88 would be nice but then again i still have a 30 up front - i am running 37 12.50 15's goodyear MTR and love em - radials - nothing broken yet... i think i got inchitis and should have stuck with 35 until i get better axles ... if u romp on it hard get a better set of axles otherwise stick with 35 on stock - i put way too much $$$ into a 30/ 44 set up

i have had 37 and 36" bias ply tires for the past few years

i'm going to a 35" radial next. i drive my rig on the street alot and am getting sick of not so round tires (although some arent bad) i would rather have a more bulletproof setup than a big setup.

i have 5.38's currently and plan on keeping it that way

plenty o powa for the win

Back