• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Q: Valve cover, motor mounts??

LSMOPARS

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

I need to replace my valve cover on a 1993 4.0L just wanted to know what other years have the same valve cover, and the other thing I was woundering is I need to change my motor mounts, should I change the Trany mount also??

:huh:

IIRC you can use the same valve cover from all the 4.0's...... don't quote me on that though.... as far as changing out your mounts, are you planning on upgrading or just running with a new set of stock mounts?? Either way I would go ahead an change your tranny mounts while you got everything torn down, and are working on the motor mounts... I know after I get back from the desert, I plan to upgrade my motor and tranny mounts as I know one of my motor mounts is working on taking a vacation already.... Why do you need to replace your valve cover anyways??

the Valve cover has a crack in it, and leaks bad. I know that there is at least two types of valve covers, cause my 96 motor valve cover is not the same as the 93 I just don't know what year they change them. As for the mounts Is there a good upgade from stock motor mounts???

:dunno:

valves covers from your 96 and/or newer should be ok. there may have been some cahnges to the CCV connections in there somewhere but I think that was right around 96.

as for motor mounts. M.O.R.E Offroad has some good ones, Brown Dog (NAXJA sponsor I beleive too) also has some, there are quite a few really. For tranny mounts, I am not so sure tho. I think stock, and Daystar are the only ones that come to mind... myabe others but not that I can think of right now.

My 93 valve cover is Aluminum and and the 96 is is a stamped steel one I know the gasket is not the same but do they mount to the head the same? are the heads the same??

I am pretty sure the are the same as far as mounting, I will try and do some more research on it though, I am sure here shortly the experts should be waking up and posting on this!!

I put a 99 valve cover on my 92 with no mods.

Back