• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission mount problem

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
I went to change my trans mount today because I have my T&T customs belly pan off to do some repairs on it. I took the old mount off and placed it side by side the new one and noticed a difference in height.

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

Kinda hard to tell in the pictures but the new one is a little taller, so is this normal and will it shrink down when I put pressure on it? Or did I get the wrong one at Schucks?:doh:

-Alex

normal-- the rubber compresses with age and weight.

I swapped an old one for a new one and developed the need for T.C. drop bracket/SYE-- the angle changed just enough to start vibes after the change:gonnablow

You are just fine with that mount, it will compress a bit with the weight of the drivetrain! Why not a good poly mont though?

I am considering going poly on the transmission and motor mounts, my jeep being my DD, will there be more vibration than normal? am I better off with rubber mounts on both?

Thanks

89 XJ 2dr 103K miles exceptional condition.

Back