• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

confused

98cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
i didnt no where to ask this question but im only 16 so just makin sure im right cause me a a buddy are talkin and he said jeep chey and dodge are made by ford and i told him chrysler makes jeep and he said chrysler is made by dodge and dodge is made by ford and i told him he was ful of it cause he said he has a true dana 44 in his 95 f150 but a true dana 44 if im not mistakin is a dana 44 that everythang is a dana 44 includin the outer c's the chunk the gears the axle tube the carrier all that cause dana 44 outta a tj or yj is not a true dana 44 from wat i understand cause the only 44 parts are the chunk and the ring and pinion

Dana 44 is made by a company that sells to all the big builders. So its can be found under lots of different makes of vehicals . Dodge-chrysler-jeep GM-Chevy-Pontiac-Cadillac-Saturn & Hummer, pre bailout Ford-Mercury-Lincoln-joint efforts on alot of vehicals with Mazda, Jag, and Astin Martin even after sale

Edit, Im dyslexic and cant spell worth a crap but i still add some punctuation. Please read what u post before you post so its easer to understand

wouldnt his 95 ford be a scissor frt end?

Wait, what? Let's leave stuff like this for where it belongs - I'm thinking probably /b/ would be best... -Mod.

please use accepted terminology, to avoid sounding like a dumbass. i think your talking about TWIN TRACTION BEAM.

im confused w/ your question... sounds like your friend is just a little 'tarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, isnt the dana 'spec' on the center chunk?
dana 30's from the front of an xj have ended up in the rear of volvo's, while the dana 35 went to the front of explorers, via TTB.

DANA SPICER is a large company, with engineers and all that.

as funny as you probably think that is... its just dumb. feel free to edit and remove it.

for the OP.

I'm not sure exactly what your asking... but

Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep
Ford/Mercury/Lincoln
GMC/Chev/Pontiac/Buick/Olds/probably others.

Your friend may want ot clarify what he's saying... Ford doesn't make Chev/Dodge. Ford doesn't make axles for them either.
Even "corporate" axles are not made by the actuall manufacturer, they are just built to what they asked and are only used by them.

If you buddy has a 'true' D44, whooptedo. Dana/Spicer makes that axle, not Ford, or whoever you say he says does... wow now your grammar is rubbing off on me.

Anyway. after you have written what you want to say, go back to the beginning and read what you've wrote, or go back and edit after you've submitted the post. thats some confusing stuff there.

HOLY SHIT there is a lot of stupid in this thread!!!

Anyone that says FORD makes Dodge,Jeep,Chevrolet needs to go shoot themselves because they are as ignorant as you can get!! Never did understand how people could talk shit about something they know NOTHING abit!?!?!?!?!?!?

Second WTF is a TRUE 44???? Stupid again!!! Dana/Spicer makes the 44 in many flavors NONE of which are " A true 44 " They are all built to someones specification ie Ford, GM, Dodge ect!!

OP, you REALLY need to slow down and use just a little grammer because that is one hell of a run on sentence!! AND PLEASE do not use that TEXT shit either!!!!!!

Ok, I am done venting here...........:dunno:

:( atleast the scissor thing was slightly amusing

hey man i'm 18 i started coming here when i was 16 and we all start off with some kinda stupid questions so don't be discouraged to ask in the future but also do some research of your own and go punch that friend of yours in the side of the head and knock some sense into him heres how it goes

ford>lincoln>mercury

Chresyler>Dodge>jeep

gm>caddilac>Hummer>olds.>Saturn>Chevy>and possibaly some others

Dana Spicer, the maker of the Dana 44, makes all different kinds of axles for all different kinds of vehicles and there are many different versions of each axle to accomidate different suspension designs and different manufactures designs/wants

and don't feel bad my english sucks i actully just finished retakeing engish over the summer for my senior year so i can go to collage this coming year. just to help you avoid conflict here tyr to reread stuff before you post it and mybe use a spell checking website or somethign whatever you want to do.

hope i was of soem help,

-Dylan

Let us pray he is still in school.

a true dana 44 from wat i understand cause the only 44 parts are the chunk and the ring and pinion

HMMM WHAT? (CHUNK)

Back