• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trade 97 TJ Sport for XJ or 4-runner

bigwill5o

NAXJA Forum User
Trade 97 TJ Sport for XJ or 4-runner
I am looking to trade my 97 TJ Sport for a 97 newer XJ or Toyota 4-runner of similiar value.

Located in Elizabethtown, Ky about 40 minutes south of Louisville

Here's the details
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
130,000 miles
4.0 6 cylinder, 5 speed manual trans.
K&N Air filter
Flowmaster exhaust, new cat
Dana 30 , Dana 35 w/ 3.07 gears both open

3.5" BDS lift, shocks and front quick discos
Tomken adj. lower control arms
1" body lift
1" Motor Mount lift
32x11.5 BFG KM Mud Terrains on 15x8 Baja Wheels (5 wheels match spare tire doesn’t)

Custom built Front bumper 46" rockcrawler style w/ warn style hoop
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier using rockstomper trailer spindle hinge and a custom design which pivots tire carrier with tailgate and uses tailgate latch to latch

windshield mounted KC lights with black rockgaurds
CJ style mirrors
pioneer cd player sony 5 1/4" in soundbar, pioneer 4x6 in dash
wired for amplifier
Newer Bestop top with tinted rear windows
Steelhorse door entry gaurds
Cobra CB and firestik antenna
Grab handles

Issues- it has the TJ starting issue- cranks 2-3 times before starting
Steering gearbox just started leaking at pitarm shaft
No check engine light but 2 codes come up oxygen sensor and crankshaft sensor

This is a daily driver and very reliable. The engine has plenty of power and trans and transfer shift great.

2006_0418Image0038small.jpg

I have a 1998 Cherokee I would be willing to trade. It is a black, 2dr, 5spd, with the 4.0 I6. It has a rocky-road 2in. bb lift on it and the rims are black 15x8 rock crawlers w/31x10.50 dunlop mudrovers on them. It has a k&n intake with a dynomax exhaust. I am the second owner of this jeep with the first owner being my uncle who bought it brand new. I still have the original window sticker. This cherokee is in excellent shape with absolutely no rust. I am located in Tampa, Florida and would be willing to meet halfway somewhere. My name is Joey and you can call me at (813)957-1945.

Back