• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

An idea of what to offer for a 96 XJ

tock172

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently looking for another similar year XJ to my 96 to use as a donor for the 4x4 conversion I hope to start soon.

I found another 96 xj locally with a blown engine. Here are the specs:
Auto with the AW4
4x4 [np231]
both axles intact
lots of options inside.

What should I offer for something like this?

I do not yet know the mileage.

Id go as high as 700. Might be cheaper to go to a JY and take the parts you need??
You could probably part it out for atleast that.

You can't drive it, so how do you know if the other struff you want works. Based on that, I agree with plymatt65. If tranny is good, it is worth maybe $200. Axles $200. Just don't assume everything else is good except the motor.

You can't drive it, so how do you know if the other struff you want works. Based on that, I agree with plymatt65. If tranny is good, it is worth maybe $200. Axles $200. Just don't assume everything else is good except the motor.

So its probably worth atleast 400. Although if you can keep it around as a donor vehicle after you break things, it could really save you in the long run. Esp if it has the same axles as your DD.

Back