• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ 4.0, D44, ARB, on 35's $5800obo in NorCal

SonomaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My Jeep has served me well on and off road, but I’m graduating/moving soon and will not have the time or money to continue 4-wheeling as I do. I just want something that I can carry my crap in, get around the snow or mild dirt roads, and is more worthy for longer car trips as my only vehicle.

On with the Jeep:

The Good:
-1995 Jeep XJ Cherokee
-Country package (wood grain dash/doors…oooo!)
-4.0L I6 HO engine with 150k
-AW4 Auto tranny, new fluids/filter
-NP231 T-case, with SYE + skidplate
-Dana 30 front (non-vacuum disconnect), trussed housing, with stronger U-297X joints, ARB locker, 4:56 gears, diff guard
-Dana 44 rear, 4:56 gears, ARB locker, diff guard, new brake shoes
-35? Goodyear MT/R’s, on 15×10 black Alcoa knock-offs, full-size spare on black steel wheel. <50% tread
-trimmed fenders to fit tires
-6" BDS leaf packs in rear, no blocks
-4" lift coils + 2" spacer up front, Pro-Comp arms with Rubicon Express drop down brackets and braces
-custom front & rear bumpers and sliders
-custom roof rack holding 35" spare, Hi-Lift, 4 Hella off road lights + reverse light
-30+ gallon gas tank (nice feature!)
-RAAMmat sound deadener installed on floor, new carpet in cargo area
-seats are leather/tweed-ish combo
-Alpine flip-down CD/MP3 player
-2 JL 12W6 subs in ported box
-4-way 5.25? speakers in doors and soundbar
-CB radio w/external PA
-removable front doors
-Magnaflow exhaust
-Lots of little things that I looked over

The Bad:
-ARB compressor is out and needs to be looked at. Best guess is new O-Rings, which is an easy fix.
-During front axle work, the front ARB line got moved against the headers and melted. It’s still fine going into the diff but would probably need to be lengthened to reach the compressor. I planned on getting the stainless steel ones to replace it.
-Assorted dents + dings. It hasn’t been rolled or anything, but it’s been banged around. If you care about the body work, you shouldn’t be buying a Jeep like this anyway. Nothing big, no wind noise.
-I swapped the gauge cluster when I was troubleshooting a fuel pump issue (fixed now). I didn’t reset the miles, and then got it smogged the next week. I explained the situation but the guy marked down the “actual” miles anyway, so on a Carfax it will read something bad about the ODO, because it will go from 140k to 56k on the DMV report.

Other than that, it’s in great shape. This is my DD and my wheeler. I have driven from Norcal to Socal half a dozen times in this, trailering my motorcycle for two of those trips. No problems whatsoever. The only thing I had planned in the long run is long-arms, but if you throw another $899 at this for the TNT kit and sell the RE brackets, you should be all set!

The Jeep is located in Rohnert Park, CA, 45 minutes north of San Francisco.

I'm asking for $5800 but open to offers for a quick sale.

Thanks.

Pictures. Yes I know the hood is open in the first picture.

Library-1920.jpg

182722394_8604fc86ed.jpg

182722350_7384975486.jpg

Back