• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find old CH-4, 15W40 diesel oil

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I am having a hard time finding and restocking my 15W40, old API CH-4, not CJ-4/SM, diesel oil. Seems like it was still easy to find one or two brands of it 6 months ago, in Mobil, AZ, and Coastal brands.

Anyone else having trouble, or not having trouble?

Look for Lucas long life diesel oil

I will but that is one I have never seen before.

I have resorted to ordering stuff on line more and more in this sort of situation (like K & N oil filters), but other than real expensive stuff I am not even sure that would work (buying special old spec oil online, as too many clerks and online sales ops are frequently idiots, and would probably ship the wrong stuff), or where to get it. I have been able to find the old CH-4 only diesel oil spec stuff the last 2 years, even while shelves were filling up CJ-4/SM cr*p, but this past week my 3 favorite spots are all out, with no indication that will or might change.

I understand I buy most of my stuff on line now days. I even invited my UPS guy to go wheeling because he can carry my Jeep out since he carried it to my house,
Here is where I get the Lucas http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUC-10076/ not a bad price and it is CI-4,CH-4 rated.
I have been running this since I installed my stroker a year and a haft ago with no issues

Thanks, but I don't see squat on their website saying if it is just CH-4, or if it is also CJ-4/SM (which I don't want), or anything saying they won't do an equal, upgrade swap on me, like all the other BS'ers are saying about the new CJ-4/SM being equal or better, which I don't buy.

have you checked out amzoil try make oil for all aplications

now that CJ-4 is out, CI-4 will be gone before too long too, I don't think anyone's been making CH-4 for awhile, they switched back in 2002.

CI-4 should be fine, CJ is meant for diesels with DPF filters, CI came about for the EGR motors. Any reason you want CH?

now that CJ-4 is out, CI-4 will be gone before too long too, I don't think anyone's been making CH-4 for awhile, they switched back in 2002.

CI-4 should be fine, CJ is meant for diesels with DPF filters, CI came about for the EGR motors. Any reason you want CH?

My mistake, CI-4 is what I want. And regarding Amsoil, and Redline, while I love MT90 gear oil, I have no motivation to pay a premium as long as I can get the old CI-4 stuff, that is not also labeled CJ-4/SM.

Coastal Fleet brand, #11205, 15W40, CI-4 spec was the last stuff I bought at a local AZ. Warren Unilube (Coastal Fleet brand) still shows that they make it on their web site.

http://www.warrenunilube.com/motoroils.html

Back