• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Local alignment shops (non XJ)

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
sorry not an XJ post...but everyone knows the SoCal naxja guys know everything.

2008 infinity G-35, 37,000 miles

Had to bite the bullet on tires, car has 18" rims and staggered fit tires. Limited my choices. Ended up with Kumho Ecsta LX. Supposed to be good, reasonable price and was available that day (saturday)

Got a 4 wheel alignment along with the tires.

Heading back to the tire shop this weekend because as soon as I hit 60mph I got a bit of a steering wheel shimmy, then noticed the car pulles ever so slightly to the right. Also tracking seems a bit "loose" compared to before. That car was like it was on rails before.

1st question is what could be the cause (for sake of discussion with the tire shop): Caster? Balance? Camber? Toe in? Or just a result of different tires?

I specifically asked the guy if he had infinity specs and he said yes.

2nd question: Would the same car without the 18" rims and staggered tire have different alignment specs? Maybe he got it wrong

3rd question: (in case I get nowhere with the tire shop) Any suggestions on an alignment shop that can 100% do it right?

Back