• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

on board air oiler?

bmfm64

NAXJA Forum User
so i've got a 99 4.0 auto with on board air from the a/c pump. my question is do i have to have an oiler? my set up has a filter on the intake side and runs to a distribution block then ends up in a tank in the back but no oiler... so does the stock 99 pump need an oiler?

dont the york A/C compressors have an oil reservoir?
i know ive needed one on my renix (sanden?) compressor.
your also gonna need a de-oiler after the pump.
all available @ home depot.

you should have an oiler on the intake side of the compressor. just an air tool oiler from sears 10 bux. and you should ideally then have an air/oil seperator on the output of the compressor.

dont the york A/C compressors have an oil reservoir?
i know ive needed one on my renix (sanden?) compressor.
your also gonna need a de-oiler after the pump.
all available @ home depot.

All XJs and MJs used Sanden compressors and require an inline oiler on the intake.

<><><>

On mine, I removed the rear cover of the compressor (so I would not get filings inside the butterfly valves), then drilled and tapped the fittings for standard NPT fittings. I use a tool oiler on the input and a water separator on the output on the YJ (Sanden). The water separator pulls out any water and any oil in the system before the coupler. I use ATF instead of compressor oil for it's lubrication and viscosity propertys.

-Ron

You guys running a one-way check valve on the output side? I've got mine all hooked up and ready less a check valve. Where's a good online source for one?

as of now, I just squirt some oil into the line when I'm getting ready to use the system. I have a small inline oiler... but I put a fair amount (one good squeeze) in when its going to be used for a while.

as for oil separator, MILTON makes one that is all cast metal. when the pressure drops below 5 psi It drains itself. The Metal casing is also rated to 300 degrees - the clear plastic ones are around 125. Not going to survive summer heat under your hood.

Back