• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stiffeners + beat-up unibody rail = ?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering how some of you have dealt with welding up stiffeners to beat up unibody rails. Mine have been landed on several times and parts of it are no longer flat...

I've thought about cutting out the floor above it and pounding it back down, slidehammering it from the bottom, or even cutting the lower section out, welding in the stiffener, and plating it again maybe?

Not too sure...

:gee:

Weld on the stiffeners, paint them black and forget about the dents. If the Jeep drives straight and all the doors close, the dents obviously are not an issue. If they really bother you that much, drill some holes in the dents and pull them out with a slide hammer. Cutting up the unibody kind of defeats the purpose of a unitized structure.

Weld on the stiffeners, paint them black and forget about the dents. If the Jeep drives straight and all the doors close, the dents obviously are not an issue. If they really bother you that much, drill some holes in the dents and pull them out with a slide hammer. Cutting up the unibody kind of defeats the purpose of a unitized structure.

X2

That is my plan when I put in stiffeners.

Back