• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window and lock problems...

Military_XJ_Man

NAXJA Forum User
So I have problems with both of my front windows on my 2000 xj. I know the drivers side problem is a window regulator from a previous thread mentioning the clicking noise and I am guessing I will have to change the passenger side regulator as well. The window is stuck with a little gap towards the back so it kind of gets annoying on road trips. My lock on my drivers side door needs a new inside assembly because the plastic piece holding the metal rod is busted, and my passenger side door wont lock even with a key. Also... the rig randomly locks it's doors out of the blue... lucky for me the passenger door doesn't lock otherwise I would have had my keys locked in her more than one time! Also, if you could help me out with a good website for parts because the one I have found is fairly expensive looking. Ex: a window regulator (just one side) costing $249.95...

Thanks for helping me out!

Well, I've got an '89 and don't know about the differences...but..

My power windows started showing problems...clicking on passneger side. Was the shaft rubbing inside the door frame. Don't know what a regulator is...but motors on mine worked good...just worm gear shaft inside was rubbing when extended (window down).

There's a pretty good write-up about power locks on here...search is your friend. Involves installing new hot wire lead and relays. Pretty easy...and fixed my rear door lock problems.

Search is your friend...try it.

Repair the regulator with this kit - http://www.steigerperformance.com/ - or find a good used one in the junkyard. Random door locking is a short circuit in the wires. Clean and lubricate the door lock cylinder, and the lock/handle mechanisms, CLP gun oil works well. WD-40 is not a lubricant. Oil anything that turns and use light grease on anything that slides.

junkyard it up for the parts, the places around here charge $40 to $60 for a whole door, nevermind just the regulator. You can probably get all the parts you need for less than the OEM cost of that one regulator. I generally use spray-on white lithium grease for locking mechanisms though it's probably not what I'm supposed to use.

Back