• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator leaky

crunked

NAXJA Forum User
looks like ive got another new problem with the heep, letting it warm up the other day i noticed a puddle. looks like it was coming from pass side of rad on top, below the rad support. took off the support and looks like its been leaking from the seam of the end tank on top. also looks like its been doing it for a while because of the dry green/paintless trail left running down the end tank. question is, is this a common failure? any aftermarket rads have a better design (maybe 1pc?), and could this be due to electrolyisis (which is what killed my f150 heater core, or so i understand)? another observation, happened on the first cold morning (36*) of the year. think the cold caused shrinkage (hehe) allowing coolant to leak?

~scott

ya someone hasnt been changing the coolant much.

Ten years is about the max. on a stock rad. I just replace mine in Aug. The seam split in the same area as yours. I got a Modine 2 core from NAPA. Made a huge difference is cooling. JIM.

My radiator leaked on the end cap as well...a crack. When I pulled it to solder it, I discovered the end cap was plastic!! I put a new one in (2 core with brass end caps) I got on e-bay for about $100. Easy swap.

Back