• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door Noise

verberkmoesk

NAXJA Forum User
I searched lots of noise threads bud did not find much like this. My doors make a squeking sound when going over even the smallest bumps. With the windows rolled up this is very annoying and seems to have gotten alot worse over the year. I have owned this 2000xj for one year. 72,000 miles.

It seems to be the doors are moving and the rubbing of the weather stripping is causing the squeek. BUt why has it got so much worse, and what can you do to fix it? Or is this just normal for the XJ? Thanks

Kyle

My XJ is older...'89..but don't have the squeak. Suggest some ArmourAll on the rubber weather stripping....if that fails, then the squeak is probably hinge/latch related.

My 98 doesn't make a noise at all from the doors. The first thing that came to mind was......has your XJ been involved in an accident? If the frame/unibody has been compromised or bent back after a wreck that would explain squeaks after the fact. Just my $.02

thanks for the replies. It is possible. Stupidly, I did not do a carfax report before I bought it. If it was in an accident it was hidden well. What could I look for to indicate frame damage? I will take a look at it see what I can Find.

Back