• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measure for shocks?

wheelin79cj

NAXJA Forum User
I was really hoping to get everything together at once when I do my lift. It will be an RE 4.5" lift on a 99 XJ. I plan on running 32X11.50's with a 2" bumpstop. I plan on some 5125 shocks if I can get what I want, but I need to know the ext./comp. length and travel. Does anyone know what the specs with this lift will be or would I be better off waiting and trying to flex it out to measure? There is no rockcrawling around here really, so I don't think it is CRITICAL, but I would like the best performance I can get and may get a few chances to play in the rocks. Thanks for the advice.
-Aaron

I would wait until you have the lift installed.
I say that because I just installed the RE 3.5" Lift and it actaully netted
4" front and 5" rear, and my jeep was not sagging, it sat right at factory specs.

Hmmm...bummer. It's gonna suck having the lift on and then having to wait another week or two to drive it....ah well. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyone have a rough estimate so I can do some internet shopping? Thanks.
-Aaron

Hmmm...bummer. It's gonna suck having the lift on and then having to wait another week or two to drive it....ah well. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyone have a rough estimate so I can do some internet shopping? Thanks.
-Aaron

I'm in the same Boat, I went ot order shocks today and they are closed
till Monday :(
I'm going with Doetsch Baja Ryders, ordering direct.

Back