• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New shocks by King...

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I just got the Dirt Sports magazine...King is making resi shocks with the stem mount for TJs and JKs. I don't see why they wouldn't work on the front of our station wagons with the stock mounts...

I just got the Dirt Sports magazine...King is making resi shocks with the stem mount for TJs and JKs. I don't see why they wouldn't work on the front of our station wagons with the stock mounts...

X2, Says it is for 2-4 inches of lift, and it appears to be a 2.5" . Looks beefy as hell:
jeep.jpg

Front:
Jeep_front.jpg

Rear:
Jeep_rear.jpg

Website says $680 for each pair

they are cool and at a decent price for the size and quality but I think it would be worth the extra cash to get a heim at both ends

I'm running TJ shocks on my XJ, but the integrity of the stem mounts is always lurking in the back of my mind. Hopefully my shocks are only temporary.

TJ valving should be pretty close. Only thing is the XJ motor is further forward relative to the axle than a TJ, so the weight is a little different. Nice to be able to get resi King shocks that will bolt up.

The Ride was much better on the street was a little more plush but frim over dips and bumps then the Bilsteins i had, But the real test will be over the long weekend. The Kings are beefy. I wont need to upgrade as these are rebuildable can be revalved
over all at this time iam very happy.

Sounds like a good idea and maybe a good way to get more uptravel without lots of lift. With my 10" foas I run out of shock shaft way before I run out of clearance on the tires.

Back