• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

longarm components,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a smooth and decent ride went useing the XJ on the streets and I am presently in the process of assembling some DOM longarms and looking at purchaseing the axle end components-Also have been advised that I will need some type of shock preventing rubber or polyurethane bushings-What has your "real world" experience been like with other comparable products, like perhaps these Ballistic Fabrication Ballistic Poly Bushing 2.63" w/ weldable housing
-Understand that currently the Currie JJ is the leading contender for the best but what was wondering what some other comparable options might be -TIA

I think the style of long arm you plan on fabbing would come into play here.

its generally said that a radius arm setup will bind when flexing so you don't want all hard joints like JJ's. rubber bushings (as pictured) are a must at the axle...
however 3 link w/panhard could/should flex without bind, so you could use all hard joints in that setup.
I would guess rubber would negate hard hits on the road, but may not flex aswell on the trail. so time on trail may have another part to play in what joints you go with.

my TNT setup has JJ type frame mounts, rubber lower axle, and obviously the stock upper axles. where as some setups allow for the currie JJ which can be put in place at the axle upper.

Back