• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5100 or 5150????

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is my deal i can get some USED 5150's, unknown amount of use for 100 bucks. 12" travel. Or i can get some 5100's that are brand new (been put on once for a test fit and were to long) for 100 bucks.

What would you guys get? as you know i dont do alot of go fast mostly DD, and hit up the dunes every now and again (and michigan dunes you dont go fast for a very long ways) so im not to worried about heating the shock up to much.

Thanks for the help

from what ive read they are basically the same thing minus the piggyback on the 5150

and i went back and looked at another pic of the 5150's and they look pretty used. Ill go for the brandy new ones the NAXJA member has.

Still would like some quick opinions seeing as i wont be able to pay him until tommorow

Neither... save and get some 7100s.....

Seriously, if you plan on using your jeep for go fast stuff, resivoirs are huge!!

both suck compared to anything with resi's but if i had a choice i'd go with the 5150's. I don't even think the 5100 were built with off road performance in mind. Mainly just a really nice street shock for lifted and factory trucks. My friend had the 5100's on a taco and his ride sucked in the dirt, another buddy just got the 5150's on his dd exploder prerunner and they feel ok but fade quickly.

Back