• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late pics from 7/18 at Evans Creek

Note to self plan a trip to Evans.

This is a great pic. :cool:

030.jpg

Evans is definately worth a trip, and you could easily run all the good stuff in one day. It is somewhat mild now do to alot of trail work parties filling in things and making it easier....:helpme:

-Lyle

Evans is definately worth a trip, and you could easily run all the good stuff in one day. It is somewhat mild now do to alot of trail work parties filling in things and making it easier....:helpme:

-Lyle

Where's the incentive then? How is it worth the trip if it's all easy? :rof:

I said it was easier, not easy. Meaning that its still a good time, but many of the previously more challenging obstacles have been partly filled in. None the less, if the wheeling was or is easy, the views you get to see are worth the while, IMO.

-Lyle

Meh Evans is decent, I have been there once this summer and I think I have had my fill for a while. You can run everything there twice in one day if you go quick and most of it can be run in 2low if its dry. It is alot more fun when the trails are wet. ;)

-Alex

Meh Evans is decent, I have been there once this summer and I think I have had my fill for a while. You can run everything there twice in one day if you go quick and most of it can be run in 2low if its dry. It is alot more fun when the trails are wet. ;)

-Alex

It sounds like you're running out of places to wheel. Naches, TSF, Evans, and most of the current Reiter are all too tame. :dunno:

Any wheeling is good wheeling in my opinion. There's more to it than just the difficulty of the trails.

-Alex

you have a cage, and 35's or smaller tires...

drive to Cal Rocs, bring $250, and compete against previous National Champions such as Bob Rogge and Dan Patterson, Jeff Mello, and Dennis Stansfield...

and some crazy red head.

I'm going to add stuff to this thread next weekend, after I actually connect my camera to my computer.

It sounds like you're running out of places to wheel. Naches, TSF, Evans, and most of the current Reiter are all too tame. :dunno:

Any wheeling is good wheeling in my opinion. There's more to it than just the difficulty of the trails.

Hopefully Reiter regains most to all of it's awesomeness in the year(s) to come, but other than that I do see great potential in TSF. Though I was only there for a day, there were a handfull of cool obstacles that gave a good challenge to us guys on 33's or 35's. Above that tire size opens a whole new range of obstacles, such at the Crushers. Although it is mainly (from what I experienced) a 2low type of place, with lots of trail traffic and use it could become a very exciting and challenging place to wheel. Not to mention it is massive. It seems that the WA DNR is getting more and more up tight with the four wheeling community and how we abuse the trails, maybe OR is the way to go...:dunno:.Too bad it is quite a long drive for me to get to TSF...so don't dig up the trails and temp me too soon. :D

-Lyle

you have a cage, and 35's or smaller tires...

drive to Cal Rocs, bring $250, and compete against previous National Champions such as Bob Rogge and Dan Patterson, Jeff Mello, and Dennis Stansfield...

and some crazy red head.

I'm going to add stuff to this thread next weekend, after I actually connect my camera to my computer.

Yeah no, how bout I just come down with you like we talked about. Then I'll get the balls to back half my XJ, the the doors and then roll it.

-Alex

My shots are here:
http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/EvansCreek71809/

I have 0 idea what trails I ran - I just followed the little red jeep in front of me.

good 50' rule -
dsc_0568.jpg

dsc_0569.jpg

Fuzzy... Interesting...
dsc_0571.jpg

the usual suspects -
dsc_0577.jpg

dsc_0579.jpg

Eli and his stupid white rims...
dsc_0583.jpg

Awesome-
dsc_0586.jpg

I wish my camera had focused on Lyle and not the bush...
dsc_0590.jpg

Back