• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropping te TnT bellypan

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
I have to drop my belly pan to weld supports to the mounts that have ovaled themselves out. I have heard a few different ways of jacking the pan up to take it off so what do you guys do that have the TnT bellypans.

If I put jackstands under the axle to barely lift the tires off and then chock the rear wheels will the front axle want to move out from under the jeep when I pull the arms out of the pan?

Option two is stands under the axle, as well as stands under the frame rails right in front of the bellypan.:dunno:

-Alex

I've yet to drop my pan since I installed it, but I have dropped the arms with the axle on jackstands and the axle stayed put mostly. I had to use a little persuasion to get the axle and arms to line back up but it wasn't too bad.

I'd chock the rear wheels, put the front axle on jackstands and then support the rest of the drivetrain right on the tranny pan with a block of wood.

i just use a crap ton of jack stands...

i.e. one on each side of the frame rails (to take the weight of the jeep)

next would be to remove the tires and lower the axle to keep the weight of the jeep off the coils. and put stands under the axle. then it should be safe to remove the arms from the pan.

hope that made sense....

or jack up the jeep via the axle and put stands under the jeep then lower axle (leave the tires on to support the axle) then remove the arms

Be prepared when taking the pan off, but you'll need to support the axle.

Back