• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommended plugs + wires?

Dealer OEM champion or champion truck plugs, as for wires, either stock or get the High performance mopars, they are $10 cheaper then the stock for some reason.. The 2.5 and 4.0 love the champions.

You will get every brand under the sun with this question. I run split fires,plugs and wires. and no one else can seem to run them without problems. I know xj's that run on bosche plats, and some cant run on them either. champions are good and cheap and seem to work fine for the masses. Makes mine run like it needs a stronger coil though.. It will be interesting once again to see what everyone runs....

Get you an Accel Super coil and some bosche plats then gap em to about .65 Works great for me

I ran Bosch for a bit and they were fine but performance went down hill fast after a few months. Swapped back to champion plugs and no problems as of yet. Have them on the 98xj standard setup and the 2001 with the coil rail setup. they come pregapped and are cheaper.

I just recently upgraded to an accel cap, rotor, and coil and put in 8.5 magnecors and the double plat autolites. I have the autos gapped to stock .35, but guess I could widen that to .65 (equiv of a firepower upgrade).

Hey on the same note, anyone run these?
http://www.e3sparkplugs.com
i heard theyre pretty good but seem like a "seen on TV" thing. I run Bosch double plats. They seem to work fine made my start up quicker and i have stock wires but im gonna go with some MSD or macnacore 8.5s

As fare as the E3 go it's been done before. Used something like them in the old days of points & condenser. 11 to 1 pistons and 7K+ rpm. Worked better then stocker but needed replaced often. As soon as the little points when away was the same as any plug. No good or no better in the long run.

I just picked up a "Kit" from the Jeep dealer for $49. It includes cap, rotor, and plug wires with OEM stuff. I'm also using Bosch copper plugs cause I wasn't going to pay the $4 each for Champion coppers from the dealer.

call-911 said:
I just picked up a "Kit" from the Jeep dealer for $49. It includes cap, rotor, and plug wires with OEM stuff. I'm also using Bosch copper plugs cause I wasn't going to pay the $4 each for Champion coppers from the dealer.
does that "kit" have a part #?

I'm sure it does cause it all came in a blue Mopar box. I threw out the box after I did the tune up so I'll have to find the receipt when I get home.

accel makes a really nice kit, comes with 8mm wires, cap and rotor with brass inserts and u groove plugs, was 50 bucks from summit and coil was another 50

Back