• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW TOY

terryg

NAXJA Forum User
I am not a mechanic, never pretend to be - if someone needs help, i'll try, with instructions - anyways - i blew out my unit bearing last weekend, 2nd in 2 months. i went cheap the first 2 times, but not anymore. do it right the first time! i broke 2 1/2" drive ratchets trying to loosen the axle nut - 1 is going back to sears! couldn't loosen that damn axle nut for nothin - went to pep boys to buy a breaker bar, but decided to try their cordless impact wrench - holy moley! it worked like a charm - i put the last unit bearing on at 150 lbs (my bad, should be 175) so this cordless impact driver did what i couldn't do with a 1/2 " drive & a cheater bar in about 4 secs

I am not a mechanic, never pretend to be - if someone needs help, i'll try, with instructions - anyways - i blew out my unit bearing last weekend, 2nd in 2 months. i went cheap the first 2 times, but not anymore. do it right the first time! i broke 2 1/2" drive ratchets trying to loosen the axle nut - 1 is going back to sears! couldn't loosen that damn axle nut for nothin - went to pep boys to buy a breaker bar, but decided to try their cordless impact wrench - holy moley! it worked like a charm - i put the last unit bearing on at 150 lbs (my bad, should be 175) so this cordless impact driver did what i couldn't do with a 1/2 " drive & a cheater bar in about 4 secs

How much was their cordless impact wrench?

3/4 drive is where its at.... Along with my 650 ft/lbs torque wrench, and my new 4:1 compounder.

650 lb torque wrench? Yeah baby! :D

I need a new higher level torque wrench. Those F911 bolts on the steering can be torqued tight.

Back