• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor Resistor Location

meengreen

NAXJA Forum User
I did do a search but I didn't find any info on the actual location of the resistor. I replaced the one in my Ford Ranger and it was under the hood. If I remember correctly, in an XJ it is up under the dash somewhere.:dunno:

Oops! I don't have specific knowledge of the location on later years but assume you are correct, particularly since you have one of the later years.....

I replaced mine on my 2000 XJ. For the best results remove the glove compartment door which is easy. Three screws directly under the glove compartment. You should see the Blower motor resistor through there. I found it easier to look through the glove compartment opening and reach your hand underneath the dash to remove the screws. Oh and there should be a big black plastic piece kinda oval shaped. Remove that to to get access to the blower motor resistor.

DId a search and found this thread. I need to replace my resistor as well on my 94 Sport. Is it under the dash? Also my fan motor is making noise so I am replacing that too. What's the deal with the little drain tube on the motor. The replacement I bought doesnt have one and the one on the factory blower motor doesnt appear to come off.

Back