• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parking brake and driveshaft Q

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
yo, i lifted my jeep with IRO's 6.5" LA lift kit

my parking brake cable is tight, and pretty damn sure it will snaps when get flexed for the first time

what/where you do/get to get this taken care of? id likketo keep parking brake, it can be useful

and i in hope can use the front driveshaft in rear but no success with SYE (crown brand SYE) due to i have D35 i believe. the driveshaft need to be about 2 more inch then will be seated in the axle yoke, i cannot believe how can you guys use driveshaft front front in rear with 8.25 or so because it might fit as jeep is on drive way yes but when it get lifted on car hoist or so, im sure the axle will droop enough to pull the transfer case HARD, i dont like that idea!

let me know what best route i should go with to solve the driveshaft.... new axle (bigger) or modify the driveshaft? or or? i want keep it cheap

You should be able to loosen the e-brake cable by turning the nut where the cables attach to the lever.

The cheapest thing that you can do is grab a Hack and Tap with the front DS, a local shop can also lengthen and balance it for you.

Get a new axle, with 6.5" lift I hope you are running at least 33's and the D35 will not last.

Please use some grammer, punctuation and spelling. I had to read the post like 3 times to understand it.

my bad about grammar

im running some 34x9.50 TSL swampers

the black part of the parking brake is tight, not the cable part.

i have a real SYE, not hack n tap one.

i guess i will have to get the driveshaft lengthed and run it til the d35 blows then swap in bigger one

YJ cables are longer.

Get a new axle, with 6.5" lift I hope you are running at least 33's and the D35 will not last.

hmmm... i run 33s and haven't had a single problem with my d35.

my bad about grammar

im running some 34x9.50 TSL swampers

the black part of the parking brake is tight, not the cable part.

i have a real SYE, not hack n tap one.

i guess i will have to get the driveshaft lengthed and run it til the d35 blows then swap in bigger one

If the cables aren't tight why do you think that they will snap?
If the handle is tight you should still be able to loose it up by adjusting nut.

Unless I'm mistaken, flexing the rear doesn't pull the e-brake cable that much. It is held to the body with a spring...allowing it to pull away from the body to make a more "straight line" run to the axle under droop. Adjustment is at running height...no mention in manuals of leaving slack for flex.

Agree with earlier posting...adjust with nut at "T" connector...should be good to go from there. If you're really worried...put on lift and let rear droop..then see if e-brake cable is stretched...or e-brake is somehow engaged under droop.

Back