• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF closed due to high fire danger

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Just got a text from Rod Comstock... Looks like the heatwave has caused Forrest Service to close TSF for the near future due to extreme fire danger... heat, low humidity and such probably prompted the closure... let's all hope the weather turns a bit cooler soon! Me, I think it's for the best... saw a few fresh campfires out on the trail, which is a big no-go with the limitations and restrictions put forth a week ago... it was hella dry up there this weekend... wouldn't take much to burn the whole damned place down! :smoker:+:gee:=:flame:

Linky: http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/fireregs.shtml

Last edited:
the flies and bugs were so bad at the top of the first section of rocky-uphill just so happened to be where i had to pull my rear driveshaft..

Well, I guess this is a good thing for the moment - a long enough breather that I'll be able to get a few more bugs worked out of the XJ. Having power steering issues right now, need to shorten the wheelbase (adjust my lowers), new shocks, etc...
When the place it open, I feel like spending at least one day every weekend up there.

I was actually thinking about this last night. It usually happens once or twice during the summer.

Hopefully it lifts by Saturday, because right now it's hindering my weekend plans. :rolleyes:

I didn't see a post for a run :dunno:, you know its not good to go alone,

and I don't want to be left out. :soapbox:

i am sure some of you got the same email i did . . . .

but just incase . . .

TSF is Open for buisness !!!! as of 1 am tonight per ODF - back to a level 2. that means the trails are open again.

:yelclap:

hey mopar 440. Found it, I may be up there tomarrow if I can talk my wife into it. Thought it would be closed so I told her we could go see her sister damb it. we will see I workin on her
IMG_0310.jpg

hey mopar 440. Found it, I may be up there tomarrow if I can talk my wife into it. Thought it would be closed so I told her we could go see her sister damb it. we will see I workin on her
IMG_0310.jpg
Yeah TonkaYJ glad to see you made it to our forum finally.

Hey TonkaYJ think you and your wife can make it out for the labor day weekend trip?

I didn't see a post for a run :dunno:, you know its not good to go alone,

and I don't want to be left out. :soapbox:

I planned on heading out there on Saturday, but held off on making a post when the heat wave hit. I figured it would be closed off, and sure enough it was.

i am sure some of you got the same email i did . . . .

but just incase . . .

TSF is Open for buisness !!!! as of 1 am tonight per ODF - back to a level 2. that means the trails are open again.

:yelclap:

I really need to get on ODF's e-mail list. I wish I would have heard this earlier today. I already made plans for tomorrow. :tear:

Back