• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock rubi wheels/tires on an xj

rubyred98xj

NAXJA Forum User
:wave1:Well as title says i'm about to buy a set 5 stock mtr's tires on american racing wheels which are 16 in. an 8 ply I believe. My question is will I be able to use these on my xj or not I have a 2" ome lift kit an a budget boost that I plan on putting back on sooner or later I thought I could but a friend says no way so I figured I would ask the experts before I drop the coin on them then they not work lol!!! thanks for any help guy's!!!!:wave1:

I'm too tired to flame you...

As long as the bolt pattern on the rims is 5 x 4.5 and the tires aren't too tall, you'll be fine.

Otherwise, until you provide us with more information and use a bit more punctuation, it's really hard to say if you'll be 'good.'

as sated before. as long as they are the tj rubi wheels

i used to run them on my old xj
CIMG3153.jpg

Stock height, stock fenders, F & R anti-sway bars still connected.
Chero-rubicon.jpg

You'll be fine on the street. Twist it up, and they rub. Bounce it hard enough to hit a bump stop, and you'll be reinstalling a flare.
(entertaining trivia: Bounce it on the front bumpstops with 225/75-15s, and you'll also have to reinstall the flares :D)

tbburg said:
(entertaining trivia: Bounce it on the front bumpstops with 225/75-15s, and you'll also have to reinstall the flares )
I've bounced my stock XJ off the bumpstops multiple times without hitting the flares, with stock tires and 235/75/R15s.

I've bounced my stock XJ off the bumpstops multiple times without hitting the flares, with stock tires and 235/75/R15s.
About 2 weeks after I bought my '00, hadn't even made a payment yet. Got the front end up a couple feet. It came down, hit the bump stops(both sides at the same time) and popped the front of both flares off. 225/75-15s. Haven't done it since, but 'also haven't aired it since either.:D

4.5" older rough country lift. keep in mind it had cut fenders. i later installed this on a jeep without cut fenders and it looked just as good.

the tires are stock size. 245/70something/16

Sounds like you'll be fine, those tires aren't that big if you're talking TJ (03-06) rubucion rims and tires. When you say american racing wheels, are these truely the stock rubicon wheels as pictured above or am i missing something. I don't believe stock rubicon rims would be made by american racing..but i could be totally wrong about that.

Back