• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys or Rough Country

Rubican!

NAXJA Forum User
Ok its time to fix the sagging. I dont want anymore then 3 inches because its my DD and it wont see the woulds really. (maybe sometimes) I want either a 30 inch or 31 inch tire after its said and done. Those 2 kits are the only ones i have seen that look good unless you guys know other wise. I know you guys are gonna say go basterd but im a noob and would rather buy new leafs and jsut bolt them up. So if given the choice what kit would you get and if not either then what would you get for around 600 bucks?

Thanks!

Must of these guys spend alot of money on a lift..If your cash is tight, i would go with the R C lift..My lift is a RC but i think it needs to be stiffer..
Good luck with this..You are going to get flamed by some..Try to buy a leaf pack, stay away from the add a leaf..

Either of them are good. but i would prob go with Rough Country

see i looked at the rubicon express kits but ive read after 3 inches you have to lower your transfer case and a whole bunch of other stuff. I want to go cheap and simple. All i really need is 2 inchs of lift to clear 30's. Any ideas?

spacers and shackle...

I got the 3" RC series 2 with full leaf packs. I like it. I put a ton of weight on front ARB with winch, then rear bumper/tire carrier. Still adding more armor. I ended up getting 2" shackles from 4WD and 1.75 spacers form Daystar. I like my RC kit...very easy to install with the help of a experienced friend. If it starts to sag a bit do what they said above and i did! spacers/shackles!!

Just do Shackles and Spacers if you want to go cheap. If you aren't going to wheel it it'll ride close to stock where as I haven't been in a newly leafed truck that does. Plus you can buy the stuff on here used for cheap.

A lot of people bash the rusty's kit, but i think his more recent items are a lot better than his old stuff. I have been very happy with the 3inch kit so far and I do wheel mine.

i have a RC lift. its not really all that bad.. but between your choices Rubicon > Rustys

Back