• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard pack

kcclark

NAXJA Forum User
does any body know how much lift i would get out of doubbling my spring pack with a second set of stock xj springs

I dont think doubling the xj springs is going to do that much for you except lift you the thickness of the springs themselves & be alot more firm of ride, since they pretty much have the same arch. I would go the s10 route, you would probably get the same lift, using one s10 main leaf. How much lift are you trying to get?

I dont think doubling the xj springs is going to do that much for you except lift you the thickness of the springs themselves & be alot more firm of ride, since they pretty much have the same arch. I would go the s10 route, you would probably get the same lift, using one s10 main leaf. How much lift are you trying to get?
Use all but the overload from donor pack and stagger doner leafs into your pack. will be right around 3". search threads on xj bastard packs..thier getting about 3" with 2 packs.get yourself a little longer shackle if it's a tad low. mj,chevy 1/2 or ford 1/2ton there all about 4.5"s long stock is 3"..

About 3"'s seems to be the average, minus the donor pack overload..so with a 1" shackle 4" and so on!

He has built his leaf packs, not once but three times i think..It rides nice for bastard packs..Just don't let him know i said so, i'll never live it down:laugh3:

He has built his leaf packs, not once but three times i think..It rides nice for bastard packs..Just don't let him know i said so, i'll never live it down:laugh3:

I hear that, I have built these leaf packs, admittidely 8-10 times (over 3 years), until I got what I really wanted. Now I am running mostly s10 main leafs since they have the smoothest arch, 3 per side & one intermediate leaf with an s10 overload & its pretty heavy duty & measures 23" approx from center of the wheel to the lip of the fender flare. I just noticed that if you run leafs with too much arch under the man or any other leaf they want to create gaps & ive even cracked leaves before etc. One of the articles that helped me the first few times I did this,
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

Yes i agree with the heavily arched leafs and i have looked at s 10's and agree with you. but for 3" of lift the xj packs work really well, flex good if you use either liner or dry moly lube and radius the leafs and a longer shackle and 4" pack is doable. the s10 4leaf packs are nice.

Going to try some bastard packs this week with some fs chevy (older) springs. Have a decent arch but not super thick so figure I'll start with just one and go from there. Post up pics when I get it going.

Going to try some bastard packs this week with some fs chevy (older) springs. Have a decent arch but not super thick so figure I'll start with just one and go from there. Post up pics when I get it going.
don't know how much lift your looking for ,but the bronco 11 leafs are thin like xj's and have more arch.your chevy's may work . makin things is enjoyable as you already know lol!! post them up if they work with flex shots!! enjoy!!

Back