• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark?

kcclark

NAXJA Forum User
I have one more problem still I have a 1987 xj I just bought when i found it it did not have spark and would not fire. I jiggled the cps and it suddenly got spark. so i wnt ahead and put a new cps in it and now no spark. I know it has a new coil, cps, and wires i havent goten into the rotor and cap yet but what else could my problem be?

i would check to make sure your dist inside looks good and the cap,sometimes the little pickup on the inside of the cap gets worn. It could also be the ingtion control module under the coil,remove the wires from it and check for voltage with the key on,do not remember wich one it is so check them all,if you have voltage to it,it could be bad. I would continue to look at wires and such that deal with the cps also,it is possible it was not your cps,but something with the wiring.

Back