• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ seats in an XJ

FallibleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, I have a question regarding this swap that I couldn't find much info on. I have already swapped in the new seats I got off of an 04' WJ. I already had an electric driver seat, so the swap was pretty painless. The problem I'm currently having is the rear seat height adjuster doesn't seem to work anymore (from the old sliders/mounting hardware) now, can I just swap out the motors etc from the nice new WJ seat into the old XJ framework? It all appears to be the same hardware, just in a different configuration. I also found an akward problem that all of the switches end up upside down on the new seat if you recycle the old control mechanisms. Not a huge problem, just kind of odd. Any help would be appreciated!

I installed JK seats in my 91'. Let me tell you it was not easy. The bottom of an XJ seat is very different than the TJ,JK seats. I had to do major reconstruction to the seat frame, brakets, and still had to clearance (fancy name for bash) the tranny hump area.

I hope the WJ seats are easier.

I'm working with a 97' XJ and 04' WJ seats. Like I said, the seats are already installed. The current problem is I want to swap around the motors and gears etc. Not sure what is compatible.

The motors are the same. Just unbolt them and replace the bad one.

looks like its held in with pins/rivets

How do you likethe WJ seats? My drive one is toren pretty bad and im thinking about replacing it. I would liketo get a mastercraft rubicon seat but thats a little to much money for me at the moment. How much did you pay for those seats?

It will have a roll pin in there. Just use the right size punch and tap it out. Un-bolt the 2 little screws and remove the bad motor.

Reverse the procedure to install the new motor.

Right on, thanks! I'll give it a shot this weekend

Back