• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modified 90' XJ parts to 2000 XJ

Lunatic728

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't know if this modified tech or not. Just don't shoot me. Ahh what the hell I might need shot after contemplating this complete swap.

My 90XJ just spit a Harmonic Balancer and it took out the Timing Chain Cover, so my wife says buy a newer one and swap the parts over. :spin1: The engine is nickeling and diming me to death and I would like to somethings different, mainly the TJ flares.

Current XJ Setup:
4.0lL
Automatic AW4
173.000 Hard miles
Re 5.5" with drop brackets
35 Xterrains mounted on 15x8 steel rims with 3.75BS
Dana 30 Front EZ locker and 4.88's Non discoed axle
Dana 44 Rear Detroit locker and 4.88's
NP 231 with AA SYE This might be the problem 21 spline
Rustys Engine and TC skid.
Oem Gas tank skid
Ugly Front bumper
Ryans Fab rear bumper

New Jeep
Price 2900 bucks
4.0L
AW4
2000 XJ with 103,000 miles
Bone Stock very nice
NP231 TC
And yes I am going to beat it.

I would be swaping axles, lift, and tc. I think the TC would be the problem 21 spline to 23 spline if I am correct.

So before I jump what else am I not thinking about. I know there has to be something.

Thanks
Lunatic

www.pa-wheeling.com

a 2000 for 2900k I am jelous. But as far as swapping everything, i sounds like it should work. As far as the TC, why not just swap the whole TC instead of the just the aa sye? wont it bolt up to the transmission? Then keep the newer one for a spare.

Back