• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK... There is a right way and a wrong way to lift something

Blue94

NAXJA Forum User
and welding springs together to get he lift you want is the wrong way!!!

Want a 9" lift, I guess all you have to do is use
2 -2" spacers stacked, then at the bottom,
weld a part of another coil to it, lol

it actually was real good going down the road before,
was a bit soft though, it rides so much better now,
much more stable feeling. lol...

This is what I took off

old.jpg

Much better now

here it is with the new springs

NF.jpg

NS.jpg

NR.jpg

Dude, I love that XJ.

Diggin the hood

as the guy says "ya can't fix stupid"

nice looking ride.

ahaha, that's amazing. ghetto fab!

Nice rig otherwise!

what kind off scoop is that? actually looks good

Dude, this is definitely the wrong section. I think advanced fab and engineering is a better fit bahahahaha. Those are unbelievable.

I like the flat black rear quarters and cut/fold. Looks very clean.

After seeing that i would triple check everything else the previous owner (i assume you bought it like that) did to it and see what else he fkd with

After seeing that i would triple check everything else the previous owner (i assume you bought it like that) did to it and see what else he fkd with

Lol, Yes I got it like this a couple weeks ago in trade..
and I am going through everything..
I replaced the springs, control arm bushings, transfer case
rear output shaft seal (only place XJ was leaking) tranny fluid
well what was in the pan anyway, I'll drain it again soon, Transfer
case fluid, front and rear end fluid. Engine runs great.. and
surprisingly it goes down the road very nice, no death wobble
very smooth (other than a bit of tire noise)

Next on the list is new shocks
(it has shock extensions on rough country shocks right now)
and some longer front brake lines.. as i am sure once the correct
length shock is in there the brake lines will be too short, they are very
close now with the shock acting as the droop limit when flexed..

Good to see you made your way here, this is dlbrando from HPJ.com. After seeing some of the stuff you made for the wrangler I am looking forward to seeing the XJ build up.

You dont have any vibes with all that lift and t-case drop? jeep looks nice, and really damn clean, hard to belive its ever touched mud.

You dont have any vibes with all that lift and t-case drop? jeep looks nice, and really damn clean, hard to belive its ever touched mud.

No, no vibes at all.

Thanks, the body is pretty clean, but there are some nice little skuffs all the way down both sides from tree limbs that don't show up in pictures, and it has been recently painted, but you should see the pile of mud stull in my driveway just from hosing out the wheel wells, the underside of the Jeep is still pretty caked. The front and rear diffs were way over full of SLUDGE!! It came out like a slow moving snake when I opened the front and rear diffs, it is STILL sitting in my drain bucket 2 weeks later, and has not funneled down into the basin yet!!! Oh, and there is no carpet, and when I got it the inside had more mud in it than I ever got in my old Wrangler with no top, lol..
So.. while I have not taken it out yet, someone has!! lol

Back