• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SECSTATE Grows a pair?

She will keep Iran from getting nukes just like her husband kept Pakistan and India from getting them

Don't know about Pakistan but India has had nukes since the Ford administration, either 1974 or 1975. I was in HS and remember it being a big deal.

I thought that was when they were given the reactors for peaceful purposes by the IAEA. Then they developed the bombs later. Meh, Either way keeping Israel from doing anything will be harder than anything else. All that needs to be done in Iran is to keep up the fires of domestic troubles burning. That country has been overripe for revolution for about 10 years.

She will keep Iran from getting nukes just like her husband kept Pakistan and India from getting them

You don't like doing your own fact checking doing, do you? Is it that you can see past your own "I HATE LIBERALS" nose?

"In 1985, Pakistan crossed the threshold of weapons-grade uranium production, and by 1986 it is thought to have produced enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. Pakistan continued advancing its uranium enrichment program, and according to Pakistani sources, the nation acquired the ability to carry out a nuclear explosion in 1987."

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/

Pakistan lit off its first nuclear bomb in 1998, but it most definitely had the ability to set of a nuke well before that.

India lit off its first nuke in the 1970's.

In either case, I think Clinton would have a hard time preventing India or Pakistan from developing nuclear weapons.

Seriously, try fact checking before you start posting up BS statements.

cry all you want, but both of them conducted nuclear weaponization exercises under you-know-who's presidency

Seriously, grow up. If you really think all this country's ill are to blame on Clinton and Obama, you are sadly mistaken. Bush 2, Bush 1, Reagan all have a part to play in our current state of affairs.

I just get sick and tired of people like you, who can't seem to see past the political propaganda that your respective parties shove down your throats to see that both of these parties are to blame. It's a broken record that keeps skipping and needs to be thrown away.

"In 1985, Pakistan crossed the threshold of weapons-grade uranium production, and by 1986 it is thought to have produced enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon. Pakistan continued advancing its uranium enrichment program, and according to Pakistani sources, the nation acquired the ability to carry out a nuclear explosion in 1987."

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/

Pakistan lit off its first nuclear bomb in 1998, but it most definitely had the ability to set of a nuke well before that.

India lit off its first nuke in the 1970's.

Regardless of who was in office the arguments can be flipped and used to prove each of you guy's point.

Hopefully Hillary isn't just blowing smoke up our asses. A nuclear armed Iran will be much worse than anything we can imagine, IMO.
While we, the US, might do nothing more than talk I don't believe that Israel will ever allow another country in that region to go nuclear.

Hillary's had a pair for at least 10 years.

Hillary has no more power than negotiator for the POTUS, it isn't about her

Yes thank you I do remember a little bit from school. Typically when the Secretary of State makes such a statement they already have the backing of the WH. Guess we'll wait and see.

you're such a thin-skinned little child about this stuff

onoz somebody made a slam on Clinton waahh

seriously grow the XXXX up

You think that's what it's about? :rolleyes:

Clinton's been over for 8 years and you still have to refer to him. I'm not stuck on loathing Bush, and now I've got Obama to be irritated with.

But you, you just irritate me. I'll be surprised by a post from you that has something other than "IT'S THOSE DAMNED DIRTY LIBERALS(CLINTON-ISTAS) THAT ARE RUINING MY COUNTRY!" Please, give me something intelligent to read other than your usual reactionary drivel. . . .

I made a fair shot at Pres Clinton over the FACT that Pakistan and India WEAPONIZED NUKES during his tenure and you (1) started squealing like a baby about it while (2) simultaneously rolling out the lameass stramwan that I was blaming EVERYTHING on him and Obama

Seriously you should stay out of political threads, you don't have the cojones for it. Although maybe if you ask nicely Hillary will loan you hers

I made a fair shot at Pres Clinton over the FACT that Pakistan and India WEAPONIZED NUKES during his tenure and you (1) started squealing like a baby about it while (2) simultaneously rolling out the lameass stramwan that I was blaming EVERYTHING on him and Obama

Seriously you should stay out of political threads, you don't have the cojones for it. Although maybe if you ask nicely Hillary will loan you hers

. . . and you're still misstating facts. How exactly did India weaponize nuclear weapons that they already had? That by definition is circular logic.

And as for Pakistan, that's a little more of a grey area. But it is assumed fact that Pakistan had weaponized nuclear material long before setting off a bomb.

So your statement that Clinton allowed Pakistan and India to weaponize nuclear material is full of holes. You provided a piss poor statement and you don't like being called on it. :rattle:

I made a fair shot at Pres Clinton over the FACT that Pakistan and India WEAPONIZED NUKES during his tenure

Uh...No. India had nukes during Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush's administrations before Clinton took office. That would be four republican administrations and one democratic. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue it is a matter of world peace.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/chron.htm

1985--U.S. Nuclear Export Control Violation: Texas, krytrons (nuclear weapon triggers).
1985--U.S. Nuclear Export Control Violation: US cancelled license for export of flash x-ray camera to Pakistan (nuclear weapon diagnostic uses) because of proliferation concerns.
1985/6--Media cites production of highly enriched, bomb-grade uranium in violation of a commitment to the US.
1986--Bob Woodward article in Washington Post cites alleged DIA report saying Pakistan `detonated a high explosive test device between Sept. 18 and Sept. 21 as part of its continuing efforts to build an implosion-type nuclear weapon;' says Pakistan has produced uranium enriched to a 93.5% level.
1987--U.S. Nuclear Export Control Violation: Pennsylvania, maraging steel & beryllium (used in centrifuge manufacture and bomb components).
1987--U.S. Nuclear Export Control Violation: California, oscilloscopes, computer equipment (useful in nuclear weapon R&D).
1989--Multiple reports of Pakistan modifying US-supplied F-16 aircraft for nuclear delivery purposes; wind tunnel tests cited in document reportedly from West German intelligence service.
1989--Test launch of Hatf-2 missile: Payload (500 kilograms) and range (300 kilometers) meets `nuclear-capable' standard under Missile Technology Control Regime.
1990--US News cites `western intelligence sources' claiming Pakistan recently `cold-tested' a nuclear device and is now building a plutonium production reactor; article says Pakistan is engaged in nuclear cooperation with Iran.

I think Pakistan had viable weapons prior to Clinton being in office. Really, if you look at the time-line provided on the link, Clinton's administration did more to prevent Pakistan for fielding nuclear weapons than either of the previous two administrations.

By the way, those are US Nuclear Export Violation that occurred under Reagan and Bush. No violations under Clinton. Just a bomb going off that was built and researched under the previous administrations.

Back